[7.395] Install on an Intel D945GCLF2

Hallo,

I installed the version 7.395 on a machine with Intel D945GCLF2, onboard nic is enabled, the second nic is a realtek. When the hardware was scanned, the internal nic was scanned as "Intel ethernet controller", not as RTL 8111c, the second nic was scanned correct.

After reboot a have restored from a 7.306 backup-file. Then the machine was "dead" after a reboot. 

I always had a crashed download after 85% downloadcontent.

Please, can anyone confirm, that the hardwarescan for D945GCLF2 not scans the type of the internal nic.

Thanks for answer.

Best regards from
Egbert
Parents
  • I tried this configuration and had the same problem, the internal NIC is not on the astaro HCL.

Ended up going with a different MB and purchasing a HCL supported NIC.
  • Hallo,

now I have made a new installation o this machine. When during the installation the hardware will scanned, the internal nic is scanned as "Intel Ethernet Controller". The I have not restored the configuration by a 7.306 backup file. I have made the configuration step by step. Now I can see in the -Section of the GUI the following entries:

eth0 [Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller] 
    Auto negotiation: On 
    Supported link modes: 10baseT/Full,10baseT/Half,100baseT/Full,100baseT/Half,1000baseT/Full 
    MAC Address: 00:1c:c0:b4:fb:94 
    Interrupt (IRQ): 50 
    PCI Device ID: 0x8168:0x1 
    MII capable: No

Thats nice, and now works the ASG 7.395 fine in my network.
    The D945GCLF2 has 2 GB RAM, 1 nic RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ in the pci-slot, a 160 GB SATA HDD (SSD from MTRON 32 GB was wrong).

Best regards from
    Egbert
  • I wouldn't pay too much attention to the brand-name of the nic as detected by the installer. I have one testsystem here where the installer detects three "Jetway Information Technology Ethernet Controller" whereas they are later on named Realtek RTL8110SC.
    I wonder though, how the installer knew that these Realtek-chips were used on Jetway nics? Maybe they have their own MAC-range?
  • I wouldn't pay too much attention to the brand-name of the nic as detected by the installer. I have one testsystem here where the installer detects three "Jetway Information Technology Ethernet Controller" whereas they are later on named Realtek RTL8110SC.
    I wonder though, how the installer knew that these Realtek-chips were used on Jetway nics? Maybe they have their own MAC-range?
Children
No Data