Wireless (4th interface?) 'how-to' concerns

HISTORY
Hi everyone, i've been away from the forums for awhile, it's nice to see so many familiar names still around... We're looking for a new firewall at work, so I thought I'd come back to my old haunt(s).

Part of the feature set we're trying to fulfill is to have ye' ole basic wired firewall, but they also want to be able to provide wireless access to employees (wherein they want to allow wireless employees to access parts of the trusted network *panic*), and also have some bandwidth dedicated to the general public as a community hotspot.  

A couple of firewalls have a fourth type of interface (untrusted/red, trusted/green, dmz/orange, blue/wifi) wherein wireless is the second dmz.  

SUGGESTION/PROBLEM
I dont see these related topics addressed in the install process:  Multiple DMZs, adding a wireless hotspot, where a wireless router should be placed (i know this might seem trivial to you, but a collegue at a diff 1000-person company added a wireless router *inside* the trusted, thinking that if he merely set the router to allow only certain mac addresses that was ok), and specificly the idea of "trusted" wireless routers. 

With the free public hotspot  movement, it seems remiss not to wave a flag.
Parents Reply Children
No Data