[7.290] User Portal - eDir Auth error

Hello,

unable login in to User Portal with eDirectrory Backend Authentication.

Live Log: User authentication daemon
2008:08:21-18:34:32 (none) aua[29281]: id="3005" severity="warn" sys="System" sub="auth" name="Authentication failed" srcip="79.233.110.70" user="******" caller="portal" reason="DENIED"

The user test in the Backend Configuration are successful.

Live Log: User authentication daemon:
2008:08:21-18:21:14 (none) aua[2930]: id="3006" severity="info" sys="System" sub="auth" name="Testing method edirectory"
2008:08:21-18:21:14 (none) aua[2930]: id="3006" severity="info" sys="System" sub="auth" name="Authentication test successfull" 

This works with v7.270.

Required for IPsec XAUTH Test. (see my other post).
  • Did you try to authenticate an example user, or did you use the 'Test server' button?

If the authentication test works with an example user, this can only mean that your User and/or Portal setup is incorrect.

Make sure you have an edirectory group which the user belongs to, or a user with authentication type of 'remote'.

Make also sure that your portal is either set to 'Allow any user' or that the group/user is added to the 'Allowed users' box. Check, if the user connects from an allowed network.
  • This problem is in V7.300 to!

i try authenticate an example user (in the section Test Settings). 

The Bind User has read and browse rights of the eDirectory tree.
    Server Connetction Test -> OK.

The Base DN points in a sub tree where reside users and groups for this configuration.

I can successfull create a locale group with backend membership to a eDirectory user group. (drop and down in the eDir browser window)

Login with an eDirectory User - error (see attachment)
    Login with a local user -> OK

configuration of  User Portal:

any Networks + all users -> Error
    any Networks + local user group + user group with backend eDirectory group mebership -> Error

This is urgend!!!
  • i find out the problem. This is a bug by password complexity. The tested user password has no uppercase and no non-alphanumeric characters.

Users -> Authentication -> Advanced Tab -> Password complexity

Default:

Require complex Passwords = off
    --------------------------------
    Minimum password length: 8
    Require one lowercase character  = on
    Require one uppercase character  = on 
    Require one digit character  = on
    Require one non-alphanumeric character  = on

When turn all off, then it works! (see attachment) The settings by "Require complex Passwords" will be ignored.