[100] SSO unable to join AD

Hi I've been following the various threads for this problem and have been unable to join my AD. 
I have a MS SBS Server with a .local AD.
below are the setting that are configured.
Under AD authentification: I have Server Host(zmain), port 389, Bind user: CN=administrator,CN=users,DC=ncs,DC=local. Click apply, all OK.
DNS Request Routing from Astaro to SBS (working):zmain.ncs.local has address 172.16.10.1
DNS entry for roxy7 (Astaro) in SBS (working):roxy7.ncs.local has address 172.16.1.1
LAN Manager auth level set to: Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated
Using a LDAP Browser I can navigate the tree.
Using: host -t srv _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.ncs.local I receive:_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.ncs.local has SRV record 0 100 389 zmain.ncs.local. 

Under SSO.
NCS.LOCAL (Which system put there after .100 upgrade) and have manually changed.
Admin User: I have tried every option that I can think of with administrator ie. administrator, ncs.local\administrator, NCS.LOCAL\administrator, CN=administrator, CN=administrator,CN=users,DC=ncs,DC=local.
Click Apply. and receive a number of "the running request has reached a timeout without finishing, do you want it to be aborted?" click no wait another 30 sec. "Then unable to complete backend request".
Note if I change the Domain to NCS I get an instant (15sec) "Joining the domain failed."

Tests completed so far:
1. DNS working.
2. LDAP working.
3. Looking in fallback log I get
2007:12:04-16:59:49 (none) [user:err] net: [2007/12/04 16:59:49, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(289)
2007:12:04-16:59:49 (none) [user:err] net:   ads_connect: Operations error
2007:12:04-17:00:29 (none) [user:err] net: [2007/12/04 17:00:29, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(289)
2007:12:04-17:00:29 (none) [user:err] net:   ads_connect: Operations error

Where have I gone wrong or what am I missing.

Thanks for any responses
Help
Mark
Parents Reply
  • After many retries, I solved the problem with this entry:

Network - DNS - Request Routing - New DNS Request Route

Domain:           home.local
    Target Server:  srv.home.local

After applying this entry, I retried to activate SSO with upper case letters for the domain HOME.LOCAL - and it works.

happy new year
    alfred
Children
No Data