[7.086] Time on Dashboard Incorrect [CONFIRMED] [PATIENCE AWARD]

I am using [7.086] on my ASG120 and the time in "System Setting>Time and Date" is set to 09:13 Canada/Mountain. This is the correct time, however my Dashboard says 21:13. My timed events are going by the Dashboard time, and not the "System Setting>Time and Date" settings. As a result, my timed events are not working as they should. It was my understanding that this would be fixed in [7.086]. Is there something I am doing wrong? Everything was fine until the beta. Is there something I can do as a workaround for the time being? Thanks

Current dashboard settings as of the time of this post: 

Thu Nov 22 21:17:54 2007

What it was in my "System Setting>Time and Date" is:

Fri Nov 23 09:17:54 2007

The latter is the correct time and date.
Parents Reply
  • Hi joemihok,

The workaround does not work

That's strange.  The problem was that internally, the new time was set before setting the new timezone, so the time was set using the old timezone (doh).
    Thus, first selecting the timezone, clicking apply, then adjusting the time and clicking apply once more really ought to work.

but I will wait patiently for the next beta release [:)].

You will not have to wait long.  The 7.100 release candidate is expected very soon, an ISO image has already been built and the final release checks are currently under way.

Thanks for giving me an answer.

You are welcome!
Children
  • Well, there is some other odd behavior that I experience last week. Normally I have a NTP server in my system date and time section. I try removing it, but when I hit "apply", it keeps reappearing. The only way to force my system to not use the NTP server, is deleting the definition all together, which is what i have done. 

And also, I re-apply the time twice and still get the wrong time on the dashboard. I don't know why. No NTP server is specified. I am setting the time manually and my timezone is still set for Canada/Mountain.