V7 Ga Is Out!

Wow, that was quick.  I predict many new up2date notices soon... [;)]

Okay... now, how about that licensing?

http://up2date.astaro.com/2007/01/asg_v7_ga.html
Parents
  • Well, I read the release notes, and it looks like 10 user/10 ip addresses, with 1000 concurrent connections... however, it looks like they can shut down connections when it goes above %110 of usage on the 1000 user license now, and I am wondering if this will also happen with the 10 user license....

"Home-Use Licenses 
    We will continue offering a Home-Use package. The new V7 package will be free of charge and will now include the base license, all subscriptions and Astaro Up2Date. But it will be limited to 10 IPs/10 Users, and 1000 concurrent connections.  
    Note: Astaro will provide no support to home users and they need to agree to participate in Astaro’s Threat Research Network."

and this from the 1000 user section...

Within ASG software the limits for maximum IPs / users are now enforced in the following 
    way: 
    • The administrator will get an email notification if the IP limit is reached. 
    • At that time new IPs / users will still be accepted up to a maximum of 110% 
    of the licensed number of IPs (grace limit) 
    • If the grace limit is reached no more IPs / users will be accepted
  • Hi there, 

just as a small reminder.

The home use license was always limited to max. 10 IP's behind the firewall. So there is no change in that.

We even extended the home use licenseand give you guys Web- and Email Filtering as well es Email-Encryption completly free, inluding instant pattern updates.

This means free Anti-Virus, free Anti-Spam, free URL-Filter, ... etc.

regards
    Gert
  • Gert the home licence is fantastic, however as others will hopefully agree, the ip count has always been a bit wack, now that you are enforcing it i am anxious to see what will happen

I guess there is only one way to find out...

One thing.  Where do we get the new licence.  I could not see it on MyAstaro..
    Also i have a customer that has just renewed their v6 licence.  will they be able to install v7 using it?
  • Hi there, 

just as a small reminder.

The home use license was always limited to max. 10 IP's behind the firewall. So there is no change in that.

We even extended the home use licenseand give you guys Web- and Email Filtering as well es Email-Encryption completly free, inluding instant pattern updates.

This means free Anti-Virus, free Anti-Spam, free URL-Filter, ... etc.

regards
    Gert

I do appreciate what you guys have done in that respect, but I have been a willing/paying user of those services the past few years, and I won't bother to go over how important it would be for a few of us to get more than 10 IP's as that has been beat to death, and its apparent it won't ever happen.

Congrats on the release though!
  • Hi !

I just create a new home user license from my.astaro.com, but seems AV, and other Web protection off ...

Acording to Gert Hansen post, you tell that you upgraded home license.

Why there are set to OFF on my home license?

Thanks.
  • I do agree that the licensing scheme needs to change.  I frequently end up with 16-20 IPs behind the Astaro but only three-four of which use the internet constantly.

The license should be only 10 IPs using the internet concurrently, IMHO.  I would give up the free security services for that as long as we could purchase them seperately!
  • Hi guys we are going a tad off track.  therefore i will start a new IP licence thread in the main licence forum
  • Hi,

I'am busy implementing NSM 6.3.03 for a customer having an Up2date maintanance license (if i'am correct). Comes version 7 also availible for them?
    Is 6.303 the last update for NSM custommers? If not, is there an upgrade path for them?

Thanx.
  • Hi,

I'am busy implementing NSM 6.3.03 for a customer having an Up2date maintanance license (if i'am correct). Comes version 7 also availible for them?
    Is 6.303 the last update for NSM custommers? If not, is there an upgrade path for them?

Thanx.

From Novell's statement 
    http://www.novell.com/products/bordermanager/announcement.html ):

Novell Security Manager by Astaro – Statement of Direction

Novell Security Manager by Astaro will be discontinued as a separate product in the Novell portfolio and will be removed from the Novell price list effective February 15, 2007. Novell will continue to offer general support for Novell Security Manager by Astaro 6.1 through February of 2008. During this time, Novell will also address critical issues verified through Novell Technical Services.

* Customer Guidance Customers who want access management, content filtering, reverse proxy, application security and site-to-site VPN capabilities–supported on the NetWare platform–should upgrade to BorderManager 3.9 when it releases in the first half of 2007. Per Novell's standard support policies, this product will be supported and maintained for three years from the its date of release.
        * BorderManager customers who wish to leverage these services on the Linux platform should upgrade to a future version of Novell Access Manager, currently slated for release in the first half of 2008. This version will include a Linux Access Gateway that supports client trust for single sign-on to proxied applications, robust access control via forward proxy, SSL VPN and site-to-site security.
        * Customers who need traditional Unified Threat Management functionality or Linux-based firewall/VPN and network security capabilities may purchase the Astaro Security Linux product or a comparable third-party offering. Astaro remains remains a valued Novell Market Start partner, and Novell will continue working with Astaro to provide VPN authorization against Novell eDirectory and other points of integration.
        * Existing customers of Novell Security Manager by Astaro can take advantage of a migration path provided by Astaro to the latest version of its Astaro Security Linux product.
  • How can I take advantage of a migration path from Novell Security Manager by Astaro? If I have active up2date for NSM Can I upgrade to v7 for free?
Reply Children
No Data