[6.933] SMTP Proxy Domain Groups?

It looks as if the Domain Groups is missing from the SMTP Proxy.  This will be missed very much.  Since I host more than 100 domains, it was very convinient to assing profiles to a group of domains that had similar uses.  If I had a domain with a problem, it was easy to find the domain and see what profile it used.  Also I could easily see if the domain was set up or if an old domain needed to be deleted.
I currently have 8 profiles in V6 with more than 30 domains in some of them.  It is hard to determine which domains I have already set up and what profile(s) they are using in V7.
Do you have any suggestions on managing large numbers of email domains?  I will see what I can come up with.
Thanks
Parents
  • We still have domain grouping in V7, but there are no separate profiles, so there is no extra assignment of "domain groups" to a "profile".

You can still apply individual settings to each domain (or, via the exceptions, to each address), but you can't re-use a scanning profile like it was in V6.

This is different in the HTTP proxy, but if you configure multi-profiles in that one you will see why we chose an easier route for SMTP ...
  • Sounds like a big NO.  I will need some way to audit SMTP domains.  I need a list of current domains and what profile they use.  This information is here but it is not well suited for auditing what domains are setup and how.  You may think this is easier than V6 but I suspect you have not tried to set up 100 domains + subdomains with varying profiles based on type of usage adding and deleting as time goes by.  And then 3 months later tried to audit any changes.  10 domains, this is great.  100 domains this is a bear.
    This also seems to eliminate the possibility of any importing a V6 backup file.
  • Sounds like a big NO.  I will need some way to audit SMTP domains.  I need a list of current domains and what profile they use.  This information is here but it is not well suited for auditing what domains are setup and how.  You may think this is easier than V6 but I suspect you have not tried to set up 100 domains + subdomains with varying profiles based on type of usage adding and deleting as time goes by.  And then 3 months later tried to audit any changes.  10 domains, this is great.  100 domains this is a bear.
    This also seems to eliminate the possibility of any importing a V6 backup file.
Children
No Data