6.933 Issues list

Hi

Firstly, great interface, lots of work gone in to this. However, based on issues in this forum, I wonder if a ground-up rewrite was really necessary?

Anyway, on to the issues list:

• DNS "proxy" - after a reboot the DNS system does not respond. Removing and re-adding the internal network fixes this.
     - Error in log: named[4168]: sysquery: sendto([202.27.184.3].53): Operation not permitted
     - Error in Support->Tools->DNS Lookup: DNS lookup did not deliver a result
  • POP3 proxy - flakey - seems to hang more times than it works. Response to the mail client is "ERR (proxy) connection issue"
  • HTTP Proxy does not appear to work at all - may be linked to the DNS issue above- confirmed, yes related to DNS.
  • Install wizard looks great, but some of the options did not get configured - mail security, web security, and IM security settings all remained disabled.
  • Still no summaries for the network, web or mail security, Management, Network, IM/P2P Security pages - not sure if this implemented yet?
  • I'd like to see a different key combo used for the interface and group selections boxes - Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-Z etc are used for common cut 'n paste and undo operations when editing names and addresses - very disconcerting!
  • It doesn't take long for the webadmin interface to hang - open a few logs, make a few changes, and then the whole thing stops responding. I'm using IE6, I see it's not supported, but am sure this is an engine issue, not a browser issue..? Seems more prevalent in the Logs screen.
     - Errors found in the logs:
     - 2007:01:19-20:19:57 (none) cffd[5913]: id="3307" severity="debug" sys="System" sub="cff" name="load profile" path="/etc/cffd.xml" prefix="/cffd/pop3/cff/profile%251" 
     - 2007:01:19-20:19:57 (none) cffd[5913]: id="3304" severity="debug" sys="System" sub="cff" name="create filter" name="extension" prefix="/cffd/pop3/cff/profile%251/scanner%250" 
     - 2007:01:19-20:19:57 (none) cffd[5913]: id="3304" severity="debug" sys="System" sub="cff" name="create filter" name="as" prefix="/cffd/pop3/cff/profile%251/scanner%251" 
     - 2007:01:19-20:19:57 (none) cffd[5913]: id="3304" severity="debug" sys="System" sub="cff" name="create filter" name="av" prefix="/cffd/pop3/cff/profile%251/scanner%252" 
     - 2007:01:19-20:20:01 (none) /usr/sbin/cron[6027]: pam_unix2(crond:account): no conversation function 
     - 2007:01:19-20:20:01 (none) /usr/sbin/cron[6027]: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required. 
     - 2007:01:19-20:20:01 (none) /usr/sbin/cron[6028]: pam_unix2(crond:account): no conversation function 
     - 2007:01:19-20:20:01 (none) /usr/sbin/cron[6028]: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required. 
     - 2007:01:19-20:21:02 (none) /usr/sbin/cron[6035]: pam_unix2(crond:account): no conversation function 
     - 2007:01:19-20:21:02 (none) /usr/sbin/cron[6035]: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required.
  • Opening several live logs at once seems to confuse and hang the interface.
  • Email alerts still not working... neither smtp nor pop3 proxy is enabled, seems linked to the DNS issue above - once DNS works, all past and any new notifications get delivered out OK.
  • Logging summary (log partition status) - everything is zeros including space used, although dashboard screen shows 5%
  • MSN Messenger connects occasionally but not always
  • MSN Messenger traffic set to alert, but no alert raised?
  • stress testing - running P2P software with no "allow" packet filter - caused box to completely lock up!
  • Stress testing for allowed traffic - hundreds of web pages at once via HTTP proxy - seems good, cpu usage only raised to 10%

I'm sure there will be more as my testing progresses. 

ASL v6.933, 384MB, 10GB, running in VMWare Server virtual machine.
Parents
  • I just had an afternoon of similar experiences with 6.933 hanging.
    Both WebAdmin and the firewall itself would randomly hang while I was attempting to get it setup.  Very frustrating.  

I tried a couple times to get the log files, but it seemed like the more configuration changes I made, the less time it would stay working when I did a hard reboot.  Oh well, back to v6.303.  I was just happy to see that v7 loaded up and worked for the most part on the Via C3 cpu in the EPIA PD-10000.
  • When you get a "hanging" webadmin, can you please check /var/log/httpd.log for a line where mod_fcgid says: "server is restarting, must exit"? This is an issue we just fixed. [:)]
  • Tom

Have you seen an issue where all firewall graphes are not showing.
    I have rebuilt the firewall 3 times and in all occassions both firefox 2 and ie7 show an x where the graphs should be.  Including the executive report

Also all statistics in the root of each section, including the Dashboard, except resource usage stats, are all 0s
    I am worried the UPS is also 0% even though it is fully charged.  Does this mean it will fail if power is cut?

Lastly, ever since the first beta on the Dashboard it has always reported my Cable external source link as down, even though all other fields say it is up and my internet is usable
  • When you get a "hanging" webadmin, can you please check /var/log/httpd.log for a line where mod_fcgid says: "server is restarting, must exit"? This is an issue we just fixed. [:)]

hi tom, no, no sign of this message in the httpd log.
Reply Children
No Data