A bug list etc for v7b 6.908 (running)

A suggestion was made that I keep one thread of bugs I find rather than add them to other peoples threads or start new threads each time a I find a new bug etc.

Now, I must emphasis these are my interpretations. Feel free to add to or correct my posts, I don't profess to be an expert and at times some of these perceived bugs could be mis-configurations.

Bugs or other discrepancies
Reporting

• The daily executive summary shows bytes instead of bits in the network graphs. A nice inclusion is the PPPoE interface but is doesn't have a name.
  • mostly fixed in 6.993 still has strange % figures in the web security page
Dashboard

•  the current system configuration doesn't show any other values than 0 for all  fields except "Firewall" and "Intrusion Protection".
  • "Todays threat status" shows all 0s.
  • The network summary shows bytes not bits.
  • fixed in v6.993
Up2date

• The patterns take a long time to update and trying to activate them with the install button while generating a popup box doesn't force installation.
  • fixed in 6.915

• Quarantine report captures and reports on POP3 and SMTP traffic, but you can't release them unless the SMTP proxy is active and/or the PO3 proxy has "Prefetch" enabled.
  • To release the SMTP traffic I enabled the SMTP proxy which caused memory usage to jump by about 200mb, but did not return the memory when it was disabled.
  • Once "Quarantine manager" is enabled you can't disable it.
  • appears to be fixed in v6.993
(If I keep typing as slow as I do I will be logged off so I will add another post to this thread later.)
Ian M
Parents
  • A few stuff:

* On version 6 you can see a list of items covered by a service under IPS, I mean HTTP folder--> list of known attacks. I now see Browser for client and http for server. I’m missing something?? Because I can't see detailed description or make a detailed selection of patterns, but I can see on Dashboard that 2983 of 4107 patterns are active.

* Reports are frustrating two examples and an opinion on how to solve it:

1. Under network security I have this 1 LAN 192.168.137.45 1  100%, this means that someone from ip 45 did an attack on me, problem is I don't see clearly witch attack did!
    2. The same for blocked sites, ip number 60 has 5 blocked sites, witch sites??

he reports of usage are not fast/clear accessible.
    Of course I can navigate the log and find out who access EBAY but there should be and option were you can see the entire picture...

For example:

IP=192.168.6.60/block urls=20/list of blocked urls.
    IP=192.168.6.45/blcok attack/list of block attacks

I have several reports that I need to present to the direction of the company.
    It should help a lot to have more incriminatory information of block/disallow services and the offenders.

Is there a condensed list of all lock URLS?

Besides this problems/improvements V7 looks awesome, my best regards to all.
  • I have been back through my posts in this thread and added comments where I think the v6.993 release has covered or partly addressed the issues raised.

Ian M[[[:D]]][[[:D]]][[[:D]]]
Reply Children
No Data