[2.840][QUESTION][OPEN] Will ACCv3 Include Better Reporting as is available on 8.200?

I've been tinkering with the reporting on v3 a bit (and with some of the new features)... are there plans to enhance the aggregated reporting engine in ACC v3 to match the capabilities available in 8.200?

Also, I noticed in the new Notifications area, there is an option to generate a notification for an OU if a "Global Threat Limit" is reached (INFO-910) ... where is this threshold set?  Will there be a capability at some point to set different thresholds, or even break them up a bit, say, a threshold for IPS events, a threshold for AV events, etc.?
  • The Aggregated Reporting which was introduced with V2.1 is now replaced by the On Demand Reporting. This only works with ASG 8.200 but does not match all the capabilities. It is not planned for the ACC v3, there will be no major feature changes during the beta phase.

The thresholds are fix. E.g. the "Global Threat Limit"-Notification will be sent if the progress bar from the corresponding ASG gets red (at level 4) in the dashboard of the gateway manager. In the upcoming 2.850 beta we have added several new notifications but I think the thresholds will be kept fix.

But you are welcome to make proposals on feature.astaro.com.

Cheers
    Stefan
  • I'll definitely do that at feature.astaro.com ... these are some items that need to be addressed.  Thank you for the information.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.