666 Notification Mails (The number of the beast)

Hello

this night I get 666 Notification Mails in the time from 00:32 - 00:34:

Device went offline                             68
Connection to device has been lost    41
Device came online                            553
IPSec tunnel went down                      2
IPSec tunnel came up                          2

When I look in the emailheader then there are mails form 04.07.2011.
Why they need so long and witch logfile  is used?
Is the same relay server used as for the acc notification in webadmin?

ACC is 2.840

Cheers 
Chris
Parents
  • On last saturday I get between 1:45 and 10:45 every 60 minutes the notification "[INFO-132] ACC core daemon not running - restarted"

After each of this notifications I get 350 - 450 notifications with "[INFO-903] Device came online". But I have only 30 devices in my ACC.

So on Monday morning I have 5000 emails in my inbox. This is to much!!
    Why I get this notification so often without a "Device came offline"?

Cheers
    Chris
  • Your devices didn't get offline. They came online when the ACC core daemon was restarted. So this behavior is normal.

However, in the next beta release we'll change this behavior such that the state from the database is used, so that only if this state changes, a notification will be sent. Then notifications won't be sent when the ACC daemon restarts as the state did not change in the database.

You got that amount of mails because your accd was restarted so often. So the question is why there were so many restarts. It looks as if the accd crashed and was restarted by the selfmon. Could you please either send us a larger portion of your /var/log/accd.log around the line with the content:

accd started successfully

or provide us with ssh login access.
  • Your devices didn't get offline. They came online when the ACC core daemon was restarted. So this behavior is normal.

However, in the next beta release we'll change this behavior such that the state from the database is used, so that only if this state changes, a notification will be sent. Then notifications won't be sent when the ACC daemon restarts as the state did not change in the database.

You got that amount of mails because your accd was restarted so often. So the question is why there were so many restarts. It looks as if the accd crashed and was restarted by the selfmon. Could you please either send us a larger portion of your /var/log/accd.log around the line with the content:

accd started successfully

or provide us with ssh login access.
Children
No Data