[2.070][DOCUMENTATION] Gateway Manager Access Control Configuration and Global Def

Hi

In Documentation for Gateway Manager Access Control the necessery privileges required for Configuration is Configuration for all sub menu... whereas a user set with Configuration privilege can't add Global Network/Service Definition...

It should be for Menu/Submenu only: Configuration >> VPN

hope I am clear enough ! [:)] else let me know..

thx
  • re

also there is an inconsistency if you don't allow Maintenance for a given user, if the user go in Management >> Scheduled Operations the New Action button is not disabled as anywhere in the interface... (and then if you click on the button you have to alerts [:)])

thx
  • Hi

In Documentation for Gateway Manager Access Control the necessery privileges required for Configuration is Configuration for all sub menu... whereas a user set with Configuration privilege can't add Global Network/Service Definition...

It should be for Menu/Submenu only: Configuration >> VPN
    thx

If he has only Configuration rights on the device he is not allowed to add/edit/delete Global Definitions, but he can deploy and remove Global Definitions. To also get access to the functions add/edit/delete he needs to have the Configuration right on a OU.
  • A user having Configuration rights to use Global Definitions. If he has only Configuration rights on the device he is not allowed to add/edit/delete Global Definitions. To also get access to this functions he needs to have the Configuration right on a OU.

then as I said this is a documentation issue [:)]

thx