[2.060][SCHEDULED] Access Control for Gateway Manager with same user

Hi

Seems behaviour for groups and users is different in Gateway Manager Access Control:

1/ add new user "user1" with a given password
2/ in Management / Gateway Manager / Access Control set user1 as "Allowed Users" and apply

You can test that this is working (in GM), user1 can't see devices, and so on (view only user) (you can then logout)

3/ in Management / GM / Access Control set user1 as "Allowed Admins" and apply

you can now login again (in GM) with user1 and verify that this is also working, user1 can see devices, ... (you can then logout)

4/ in Management / GM / Access Control unset user1 from "Allowed Admins", add SuperAdmins group to "Allowed Admins" (if this is not already the case) and apply
5/ in Users / Groups add user1 to the Sysadmins Group and apply

you can now try to login to GM using user1 and you will see that the user can't see devices... whereas he is in the SuperAdmins group ! [[:)]]

on the right it says: "If the same user is added in both roles, the user will receive the one with more privileges, in this case the administrator role."

but it does not tell anything about groups, ... so at least it's documentation [[:)]]

thx
Parents
  • Nice one BuBU!

But I have to check tomorrow whether this one can be fixed at all ... until then any rewards are on hold [:)]
  • Hello.

the behaviour you describe has to do with the caching of the user in the AUA. When you log in right after you added the user to the group and you have been logged in shortly before AUA will still report the old groups. If you wait for 5 minutes all work fine.
    We might be able to fix this. 

I will let Henning decide if you get points for that one.

Thorsten
  • Hello.

the behaviour you describe has to do with the caching of the user in the AUA. When you log in right after you added the user to the group and you have been logged in shortly before AUA will still report the old groups. If you wait for 5 minutes all work fine.

Thorsten

Eheh we are doing same thing in our cache for our product ... but as soon as there is something modified we clean up the corresponding entry into the cache [:)]

thx
  • Hello.

Thorsten

Eheh we are doing same thing in our cache for our product ... but as soon as there is something modified we clean up the corresponding entry into the cache [:)]

thx
Children