[2.060][QUESTION] Why Order for Aggregated reports other than Overview

Hi

I don't understand why we can order aggregated reports by date or device for all aggregated reports other than Overview...

Changing order by device to by date doesn't change anything... Ok I've only one device on my acc... but based on the columns we see... I don't understand... [:)]

Thx
  • Hi BuBU,

assume you want to generate a Report "Accounting Destinations" and you want to drill-down to a specific destination IP. If you have data from several devices and/or several dates which correlate to the IP in question, it might be either interesting to see:

[LIST=1]
    • How is the IP in question distributed over different devices? There could have been traffic to the same destination IP from different sites. You would also see on how many days within the specified timeframe the destination IP has been reached for each individual device.
    • How is the IP in question distributed over different days of your specified timeframe? There is different traffic to the same destination IP on different days. You would also see on how many devices the destination IP has been reached for each individual day.
    [/LIST]
    So, the usability/functionality mainly becomes apparent when having more than one device with reporting data over several days/weeks.

Hope that clarifies things.

Thanks for your question!

Cheers,
    Henning
  • Hi BuBU,

assume you want to generate a Report "Accounting Destinations" and you want to drill-down to a specific destination IP. If you have data from several devices and/or several dates which correlate to the IP in question, it might be either interesting to see:

[LIST=1]
    • How is the IP in question distributed over different devices? There could have been traffic to the same destination IP from different sites. You would also see on how many days within the specified timeframe the destination IP has been reached for each individual device.
    • How is the IP in question distributed over different days of your specified timeframe? There is different traffic to the same destination IP on different days. You would also see on how many devices the destination IP has been reached for each individual day.
    [/LIST]
    So, the usability/functionality mainly becomes apparent when having more than one device with reporting data over several days/weeks.

Hope that clarifies things.

Thanks for your question!

Cheers,
    Henning

Ok this is clear now... I was almost sure that was useless in my test case with only one device but I catch the idea for more than 1 device...

thx for your clarification... so you can close that one... [:)]

thx