[1.880] messed up registered devices [HALFBUG]

Hello,

I ran the up2date for 1.880 and now half of my devices show a Public IP of 0.0.0.0 so now when I try to go to webadmin from ACC it times out because it can not get to 0.0.0.0.  The other thing is now the majority of my devices are listed under Undefined.  Prior to running the up2date they all used to have the correct IP and were listed under the appropriate listing.

I've tried connecting to one of the affected devices and disabled the ACC agent and re-enabled it but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks,

Keith
Parents
  • Hi Keith,

sorry that you are running into problems. I assume you are using official 7.300 devices? Then disabling and re-enabling the Device-Agent will help. As an alternative, you can try to delete these devices via Management >> Registration. They will then restart and reconnect to the ACC. If you already have defined Access Control for normal users and devices you need to redefine those afterwards.

The 7.301 Up2Date is almost there and should solve the missing information problem entirely.

Regards,
    Henning
  • Hi Henning,

Correct, all of the devices are at 7.300.  I'll try and delete a couple from ACC seeing how disabling and re-enabling didn't work and let you know if they come back correctly.

Regards,

Keith
  • I removed a couple devices from the ACC system and it didn't correct the IP issue or add it to the correct group.  Both systems were ASG 220 but it put them back in the undefined catagory. 

Regards,

Keith
  • Hello,

Okay, would you have a possibility to update to 7.301 as soon as possible? We have fixed the issue with missing data here.

Again, we are sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

Regards,
    Henning
  • I ran the 7.301 up2date on a couple systems and they still show that the Public IP is 0.0.0.0.  

Prior to 7.301 coming out I had already ran "/var/mdw/scripts/nextgen-agent restart" on the ASG and that at least got the units back into the correct groups so I don't know if the 7.301 up2date would have helped.

Thanks

Keith
  • Hi Keith,

would it be possible to get access to the ACC and one of the ASG running 7.301 where this problem exists via ssh so that we can have a look at what is wrong? 

If so please send the login data to acc-beta@astaro.com.

Thanks for your help,

Thorsten
  • Hi Keith,

we have investigated this issue and you should have received a message from us.

For all other users experiencing the same issue. Please try to invoke a GeoIP update from the edit dialog of Management >> Registration.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • Hi Henning,

This solution does seem to help at least for the IP registration.  I have noticed that if you go back into the edit dialog it always changes the State field from Massachusetts to Alabama and sometimes it will change the City field but not always.  At least this is just a minor detail and not as big of a deal as not having the IP address.

Thanks for the help on this.

Regards,

Keith
  • Hello Keith,

seems a bit strange, but maybe the ACC was listening to Lynnard Skynnard again [:P]

Okay, here are the explanations:

When using the GeoIP button the AxG in question will trigger a location update/lookup via our Up2Date Servers. Those servers will query another external service.

This external service will provide new data for the external IP given, hence you will end up with a more or less exact location for your device. The resolution seems to be good enough that it hits the correct state (MA), but seems to miss the correct city your device is located in.

Now, why is the state messed up when you look into the edit dialog after triggering a GeoIP update?

The GeoIP lookup seems to supply country codes like "MA". What I have seen so far, is that the Frontend is not able to re-translate alphabetical country abbreviations for the U.S. and then will fallback to Alabama, because it is the first thing in the list. So if you correct it manually, the frontend will set the state to "25" which is the ISO number code for "MA" and then it will be able to retranslate it the next time.

We will look into the matter with the country codes and fix it. Regarding the resolution of the GeoIP lookup and the resulting City name, I am afraid, there is nothing we can do from our side.

Regards,
    Henning
  • Hello Keith,

seems a bit strange, but maybe the ACC was listening to Lynnard Skynnard again [:P]

Okay, here are the explanations:

When using the GeoIP button the AxG in question will trigger a location update/lookup via our Up2Date Servers. Those servers will query another external service.

This external service will provide new data for the external IP given, hence you will end up with a more or less exact location for your device. The resolution seems to be good enough that it hits the correct state (MA), but seems to miss the correct city your device is located in.

Now, why is the state messed up when you look into the edit dialog after triggering a GeoIP update?

The GeoIP lookup seems to supply country codes like "MA". What I have seen so far, is that the Frontend is not able to re-translate alphabetical country abbreviations for the U.S. and then will fallback to Alabama, because it is the first thing in the list. So if you correct it manually, the frontend will set the state to "25" which is the ISO number code for "MA" and then it will be able to retranslate it the next time.

We will look into the matter with the country codes and fix it. Regarding the resolution of the GeoIP lookup and the resulting City name, I am afraid, there is nothing we can do from our side.

Regards,
    Henning
Children
No Data