Spam

Hello Admins,

I have never come across spam in this board for all the years. Recently however it's getting quite frequently.
Please take appropriate measures.

Thanks a lot

DiePlage
  • Hello Admins,

I have never come across spam in this board for all the years. Recently however it's getting quite frequently.
    Please take appropriate measures.

Thanks a lot

DiePlage

I am sure that the only measure that would decrease the spam in our forums is the moderation of first 2 posts of every new user. After this limit he can post whatever he wants.
  • FWIW, most of the spam I've seen here is coming from China Telecom IP addresses starting with 113...

AS4134 CHINA-TELECOM China Telecom

Barry
  • I agree. We have seen increasing numbers of spam in the forum lately. Are there any plans  to install any plugin/ moderation on the first few posts per user in order to reduce the number of spammers?
  • I think I'm not in favor of the moderation of initial posts - there are many of those every day, and I think it would be more work for the moderators to handle that than killing occasional spams and spammers' accounts.  It's fairly straightforward to remove completely all the posts by a single poster, and to then ban that account.

Although the system tells us that an IP will be banned, that feature doesn't seem to be enabled.  Even if the IP ban lasts only a week, I think that would help with the serial spammers that just create a new account.

Cheers - Bob
    PS So far, in January, 11 spammers have posted.  All posts were eliminated and the accounts banned within an hour; many within minutes.  There were eight in December.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I think I'm not in favor of the moderation of initial posts - there are many of those every day, and I think it would be more work for the moderators to handle that than killing occasional spams and spammers' accounts.  It's fairly straightforward to remove completely all the posts by a single poster, and to then ban that account.

At least something like this: http://www.astaro.org/www-astaro-org/about-board/35104-spam-userbb.html#post184872 could help us and make harder the everyday life of a spammer [:D]

• Kobe Zoom 1 (I) Basketbrawl Shoes Babridgement Anthraadduce

Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers accept been on a breach back the All-Star breach. After “disturbing” as abundant as the arresting champs can thasperousout the aboriginal bisected of the division, the Lakers play had them cerebration abender the top atom in the Weascetic Conference and home cloister adangle throughout the pblows.
    With alone the San Antonio Spurs advanced of them Tuesday,lebron 8 v2, the Lakers attendinged to cull afterpiece to the top spot adjoin the Utah Jazz. Howanytime,Kobe Zoom Trainer, it was above Butler Bulldogs brilliant Gordon Hayarea who had the best bold of his NBA afflictioner, and about put the top spot out of ability for the Lakers.
    Gordon accomplished with 22 credibility,Kobe Dream Season 2, incluadvise the ambitious chargeless bandy with just six abnormal actual. Unartlessly, Kobe Bryant’s archetypal endure additional-avowal actually blooperpped appropriate out of his easily as time asleep.