Synchronized UserID and username format

Hi,

SFOS 17.5.0 Beta-2 and Central Endpoint v2.2.1 Beta (Network Threat Protection 1.7.620.0). When I'm trying to use DOMAIN\username or just short username authentication fails because of wrong credentials. When I'm using full username@domain login format and user is being authenticated fine. Log sample:

Regards,

Marek Dalke

Parents Reply
  • Hello CMR,

It handles multiple domains ok, I have used the XG on a 3 separate domain system as well as a forest with 5 subdomains and worked as expected. However, the issue you will encounter is if all the domains are on the same DCs then STAS will be unsuitable as STAS can only track one domain per software installation. If the domains are on separate DCs then that should not be an issue but make sure STAS implementations on the XG are done in separate groups so the XG does not think they are all part of the same STAS unit.

If you have multiple domains on the same DC then set up STAS for the largest domain and configure NTLM for all domains. STAS will catch the logins for the largest domain and the other domains will fallback login on NTLM when they browse.

Also, for performance, make sure you set the Base DNs as close to the User locations as much as possible else you can get slowdown during high volume login times.

Emile

Children