implemented DHCPv6-PD in the 17.5?

Hello,

my provider can only DHCPv6-PD, will it be implemented in the 17.5? I hope so, otherwise I won't be able to get an IPv6.

Parents Reply Children
  • I don't see what the issue is, this shouldn't be too much code to add to be able to implement this...I hoped that it would be in v17, and then hoped again that it will be in 17.5, and now have no hope that it will be in v18...

Tim Grantham

Enterprise Architect & Business owner

• Hi Tim,

you have to remember that in the XG the IPv6 is treated as a seperate firewall, so requires almost everything to be duplicated.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• The surely....

Ctrl + C, Ctrl +V - Find "IPv4" Replace with "IPv6"

Job done lol

The rest of the IPv6 firewall is there, this is just a very simple addition to allow DHCP-PD to function over PPPoE.;

Tim Grantham

• And exceptions by IP and FQDN creation and no NAT and business rules and the ability not have an IP4 configuration eg IPv6 standalone.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• I've not noticed that any of this is missing, as not been able to use IPv6 with the XG to test.

So a long way to go - can't believe that it will take a YEAR to get the XG firewall modernized.

I noticed the other day the the cheap BT router that you get is issuing IPv6 addresses, and tries to enforce IPv6 over IPv4 where possible.

As I say I have clients that use IPv6 communication for backup and other server communication rather than VPN.

IPv6 Device > Firewall 1 > Internet > Firewall 2 > IPv6 Device

Where: Firewall 1&2 would allow, devices from 2a02:aaaa::0001/112 on SMB ports to communicate to 2a02:bbbb::fefe/128 (File Server).

I ended up renewing their Cisco ASA 5525-x licenses, was trying to sell the XG to them but wasn't fit for purpose - I still cannot understand why a company would release a device in such an immature state where competitors can provide all the functions required,  but like having a car with no radio.

Tim Grantham