MTA Mode corrupting attachments

Hey Hey,

I haven't had the time to completely test this yet but I've discovered MTA mode in 17.5 has been corrupting attachments in messages (when accessed via both OWA & Outlook). So far I've witnessed the following behaviour:

1. PDF files are being corrupted with Malware scanning enabled (dual anti-virus, primary engine Sophos)

a) PDF files do not get corrupted when Malware scanning is diabled in the MTA policy.

2. Document files (namely .docx, .xlsx, etc.) are being corrupted regardless of Malware or File protection settings being enabled or disabled in the policy.

The corruption of files stopped after reverting firmware back to 17.1.3. More info to come when I get some more time to test.

Parents
  • Benjamin Payne said:

1. PDF files are being corrupted with Malware scanning enabled (dual anti-virus, primary engine Sophos)

I cannot reproduce this Behaviour on my XG17.5 Installation. I compared a PDF before and after sending by SHA1 Hash. They are identical. If you are going to analyze those File with a Hex Editor can you spot where there is anything changed in the Files? Can you maybe give some more information about your set-up and architecture? Maybe it's related somewhere there...

Kind Regards
    Christian

Please send me Spam gueselkuebel@sg-utm.also-solutions.ch

• Hi Christian,

Thanks for testing it as well! Unfortunately, I couldn't do any further testing yesterday but I will have more time today and can provide logs/file hashes/etc.

I'm running 17.5 on Hyper-V with 2 vCPU / 4GB RAM. All CPU / memory reservation is at 100% and it's running on SSDs.

Kind Regards,

Ben

Reply Children
No Data