V17.5 beta-3 when will it be released?

Hi folks,

a number of bugs have identified and in theory fixed by now, so when can we expect the release of beta-3?

Ian

Parents
  • At this time we do not expect another Beta cycle, this is still being assessed.

We expect 17.5 GA release at the end of November / beginning Dec

HTH

Stuart

• Hi Stuart,

thank you for the update. I think that going straight to GA after only two public betas is a bit disappointing because the people who identified bugs are not able to test the proposed fixes. On past experience with XG beta testing the initial GA is really the beta-3 because an MR-1 has been released quite quickly after the GA.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• rfcat_vk said:

Hi Stuart,

thank you for the update. I think that going straight to GA after only two public betas is a bit disappointing because the people who identified bugs are not able to test the proposed fixes. On past experience with XG beta testing the initial GA is really the beta-3 because an MR-1 has been released quite quickly after the GA.

Ian

I have to agree on this. it seems Companies are now lead by Press release Machine and not good ol' testing and Common Sense.

Regards Simon

Sophos XG 17.5.1 MR-1 | Dell 7010 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.70GHz | 8GB Memory
    Samsung EVO 850 120GB SDD | 1x Intel 82574L / 2x 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)

• End of November, any dates being offered?

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Reply Children