APX Wireless Support

I know there was talk about the new APX wireless AP being supported in 17.5 but I cannot seem to get this to work. My AP, when connected to the cloud, has heaps of issues and I have to pretty much factory reset it every few weeks.

Be very keen to get this working directly from the firewall.

Parents
  • APX will be supported in 17.5 MR1 

In addition, coming in a following Maintenance Release we have:

Wireless APX Access Point Support

provides support for the new Wave 2 access points providing faster connectivity and added scalability.

• You maybe should be honest to the people, not giving them to high expectations into this. As far as I heared, Sophos will not publish all available Wireless Functionalities from Central to the XG?

Spoken from a functional level, you will make the XG able to manage APX Accesspoints as XG can manage current AP 15/55/100 already. Feature like Air-Time-Fairness and other cool gadgets are not planned to come to XG, right?

Please send me Spam gueselkuebel@sg-utm.also-solutions.ch

• @HuberChristian - Let me try to clarify the release situation and wanted to apologize on behalf of our team if we created any confusion in our communication. 

APX support is planned for 17.5 MR. We're still targeting this by the end of this year or early next near. A typical release cycle is we finish the main release and then we deliver MR based on escalations, issues, updates etc. within 4-6 weeks. 

The features you're referring to are available on Central though there is a significant opportunity to add some of the features (Not all) that would enhance radio resource management and overall wireless stability/quality into XG. Unfortunately, some of these configurations and flexibility may not be possible with APX on XG. Please unicast a message to me, more than happy to provide an update. 

• Hello ShailTalati,

why only an unicast message to HuberChristian?!

I would like to know too which features will not be available in XG v17.x vs. Sophos Central. I really wonder why it is not possible to implement some features in XG v17.x and Sophos Central yes.

What reasons prevent it?

Regards

alda

• A typical Cloud feature train is every 3-Weeks, so there is a much more flexibility in delivering features on Sophos Central based management.

XG based solution delivers typically TWO major releases per year so the feature release is going to be slower from Wireless perspective. Sophos will continuously invest in both platforms but the agility and speed are going to be different. Hope this helps to clarify why APX support is coming to XG after 3-4 months compare to Central. 

There is always going to be some feature delta especially some of the unique Central specific features (i.e. scalability with multi-site, deployment ease, Advanced Rogue AP detection etc.). 

What we plan to bring to XG from Central? 

1. Common core wireless driver (This is a BIG deal !) - This would make No. 2 possible in future. 

2. Better Radio Resource Management.

3. Bug fixes and debugging to make our customers/partners/Sophos Support's workflow better.

• A typical Cloud feature train is every 3-Weeks, so there is a much more flexibility in delivering features on Sophos Central based management.

XG based solution delivers typically TWO major releases per year so the feature release is going to be slower from Wireless perspective. Sophos will continuously invest in both platforms but the agility and speed are going to be different. Hope this helps to clarify why APX support is coming to XG after 3-4 months compare to Central. 

There is always going to be some feature delta especially some of the unique Central specific features (i.e. scalability with multi-site, deployment ease, Advanced Rogue AP detection etc.). 

What we plan to bring to XG from Central? 

1. Common core wireless driver (This is a BIG deal !) - This would make No. 2 possible in future. 

2. Better Radio Resource Management.

3. Bug fixes and debugging to make our customers/partners/Sophos Support's workflow better.

Children