Let's Encrypt terminology

To me, the term "domain" is incorrect (Step 4). One needs to enter the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) that is a combination of the domain name and hostname. This is especially true as you've implemented the HTTP challenge method and AFAIK, this doesn't support wild cards.

My first attempt failed as I only entered the "domain". Once I entered the FQDN, it worked.

Thanks.

Parents
  • I think, you can argue about this, if you want. 

I have a "domain" as a LE like: domain.com, because i want to have this and this is the "FQDN". 

It is correct, the FQDN would be more specific and correct in this part. We will get this updated. 

Just for references: UTM Online help (using this for 6 years)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I think, you can argue about this, if you want. 

I have a "domain" as a LE like: domain.com, because i want to have this and this is the "FQDN". 

It is correct, the FQDN would be more specific and correct in this part. We will get this updated. 

Just for references: UTM Online help (using this for 6 years)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Children