Sophos Firewall: v21.0 EAP1: Feedback and experiences (EAP Thread)

Release Post:  Sophos Firewall v21 Early Access Announcement 

Whats New Link: https://assets.sophos.com/X24WTUEQ/at/7t8k46h9ttmxt6pn8g58k7wb/sophos-firewall-key-new-features-v21.pdf 

Please provide feedback using the option at the top of every screen in your Sophos Firewall as shown below or via the Community Forums.

NOTE: Sophos Firewall v21 does NOT include support for XG and SG Series appliances. XG Series EOL is March 31, 2025.
XG/SG Hardware will find them self until the EOL on the V20.0 Branche with MR2 + 
Sophos SFOS Home users are not affected, as SFOS Home is running the software version. 

For LE Related config issues, please review this post first:  Let´s Encrypt Deep Dive & Debugging in SFOSv21.0  

LE
[bearbeitet von: LuCar Toni um 8:59 AM (GMT -7) am 31 Aug 2024]
Parents Reply Children
  • Yes, it's been handled by Sophos and they're keeping me up to date and the latest goal is Q1 2025.

The issue is that the status/error for DDNS via Cloudflare has "N/A" so you can't tell if it's working. If you get the parameters right -- which is a bit tricky since you can't see the status to know if you got it right or wrong -- it apparently works. But it's not trivial to get the status to be consistently right. This may also be tied to the need to redo the Cloudflare DDNS code to use Cloudflare's modern approach that has more granular credentials for things like DNS update, while the old approach (that Sophos currently uses) needs top-level Cloudflare credentials. But I'm not sure about that. So it looks like SFOS v21 MR1 will feature that fix. [Correction to the version.]

And I'd love to see continued progress on IPv6. For example, clientless users are very handy to use in SFOS, but IP-based users in an IPv6 world loses a lot of its usefulness unless you go full-on DHCPv6, in which case NPT would be very helpful. (I'm a home user of a Sophos appliance, so don't already have a DNS and other infrastructure outside of the appliance, and my ISP hasn't rolled out IPv6 officially yet.)

• ok, thank you for information. I checked with support - this is being tracked as NC-135613