EAP2 License not Syncing

Setup EAP2 on some new hardware.  Registered a pair for HA, have HA setup, and then went to Activate the licenses.  License shows under My Sophos, but unit is not  syncing to the hardware.  Cannot do a trial, it sees the active license.

Any ideas on next steps?  Cannot test IPS and other things without a license besides basic.  Can setup Support Assist and DNS is working.

Nick

Parents
  • I wanted to add a few more details after having a phone call with my SE.  1) Both units were registered without the license from the PDF being applied to either of them.  2) HA was setup on Port 4 using Quick setup.  HA setup fine.  3) Units were on the WAN, with working DNS and other network access when I applied the license keys from the PDF.  They were accepted into the XGS with a green bar at the top of the screen.  When I tried to re-apply the license, I got a red rejected message that the key could not be used.  4) My profile shows the hardware serial and the licenses when I log into id.sophos.com and go to network protection.  5) If I try to use an Evaluation License, a page opens and shows my licenses from the pdf.  It is just a Synchronize license issue into the hardware.  I did reboot both units, so I am back on the unit I did the registration on, no change. 6) I can packet capture traffic going to 54.73.169.46 when I do this, along with DNS traffic.

• Hi,

please check the time of both units?

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Time is correct.  Not sure of an easy way of checking the HA, but the primary is set to use per-determined NTP servers and is right on.

Reply Children
No Data