BUG in v19 EAP2 - a disconnected access point still has the status "Active" and an e-mail notification is not sent ?

Hello all,

I think I found a bug (maybe a few bugs) in v19 EAP2 where the physically disconnected access point from the network cable still has the green status "Active" even after 10 minutes from disconnection from the network and the system (SFV4C6 (SFOS 19.0.0 EAP2-Build271)) also did not send an e-mail notification that the access point is offline.

I tried to delete, connect, activate, disconnect an access point several times and always with the same result. The status is still "Active" and the notification email is not sent.

The SFOS version 19.0.0 EAP1-Build 244 e-mail notification sent, I have them it in the appropriate e-mail folder.

Regards

alda

I add note about SFOS version 19.0.0 EAP1-Build 244
[edited by: alda at 4:08 PM (GMT -8) on 2 Feb 2022]
Parents
  • Hi,

I have run the test a couple of times and the disconnected AP always shows inactive within a couple of minutes. The GUI does not automatically update the status of the APs which would appear to be a bug?

Next question which version of the AP firmware is your AP running?

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hello rfcat_vk,

the access point status in a Control Center also permanently claims that the access point is active as in a access points list. The status of access points in both places shows identical states - the green Active state.

I have two APX320s for my tests and both of course have firmware 11.0.018.

How do you have connected your access point to XG115W, directly by Ethernet cable? Because I have v19 EAP2 installed on ESXi hypervisor v7.0.3U3c and my access points are connected over 1 Gb Ethernet switches, of course. In your case, the SFOS system can predict the disconnection of the access point with the status of the Ethernet port XG115W, which in my topology in my virtual installation obviously cannot.

Regards

alda

• Hi Aida,

my apx120 is connected via a Poe switch in tandem with the main switch. The xg115w never sees the port the ap is connected to because it is a shared port with backup disks, Mac mini etc.

what do you mean by a control centre, are you using cm as well as XG to manage the apps?

ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hello rfcat_vk,

not really not, I never use to a Central Management cloud for XG/XGS administration. I am always connected directly to WebAdmin in XG/XGS appliance.

The Control Center is main page for XG/XGS administration and in the System widget is icon Wireless APs where you see a access points status as in menu Wireless - Access points. In both places, the status does not change after disconnecting an access point.

Regards

alda

• Do you see a Logviewer event after some time regarding the access point? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Hello LuCar toni,

after disconnecting the access point, no log record is written to the Logviewer. The last record is every a few minutes after connecting the access point back to the Ethernet cable "Successfully sent config to AP [P5200xxxxxxxxxx]. This is, I think, correct because the system sends the valid configuration to the AP. But there is no other log record in Logviewer after disconnecting the access point.
    In which log file can be more detailed logs about an inactive access point?

Regards

alda

• Hello LuCar toni,

after disconnecting the access point, no log record is written to the Logviewer. The last record is every a few minutes after connecting the access point back to the Ethernet cable "Successfully sent config to AP [P5200xxxxxxxxxx]. This is, I think, correct because the system sends the valid configuration to the AP. But there is no other log record in Logviewer after disconnecting the access point.
    In which log file can be more detailed logs about an inactive access point?

Regards

alda

Children
No Data