Sophos Firewall: v19.0 EAP1: Feedback and experiences

Release Notes: https://community.sophos.com/sophos-xg-firewall/sfos-v19-early-access-program/b/announcements/posts/sophos-firewall-v19-xstream-sd-wan

Be aware: V18.5 MR2 is not supported to migrate. If you want to upgrade from MR2, do a downgrade to V18.5 MR1. You will loose all configuration changes done in MR2. 

If you occur an potential Bug: Please raise a ticket with the "Feedback" Option in the V19.0 Webadmin! 

Feedback
[bearbeitet von: LuCar Toni um 2:07 PM (GMT -8) am 9 Dec 2021]
Parents
  • Upgrade went smoothly: rebooted into 18.5 MR-1, then did the upload and reboot to EAP1.

Web interface seems snappier. I like the reorganization, makes a lot of sense.

I WISH I had multiple gateways, but I'm able to use SDWAN monitoring to get some idea of jitter. (Not sure what's behind the calculation and whether, in the long run, it will give me something to indicate when any VOIP problems might be due to ISP or general internet jitter issues.)

It seems to currently be confused about how many firewall rules are "unused". The control center indicates 14 of 14 rules "unused", but I can look and see traffic on at least half of them. Going into Firewall Rules and using a filter confirms this: all the rules show up as unused.

I like the way things are going from 18 to 18.5 and now to 19.

• The used rule count can take up to 24 hours to update.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Reply Children