EPA3 clean install fail to install GRUB

After a clean install from ISO of XG EPA3 the PC rebooted with the following message: Reboot and select a proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press any key

Parents
  • I had the same issue installing EAP3. I used rufus 3.8 to create bootable media. There are two format options - ISO or direct write (or similar). The first option gave me this error after installing, the second option worked.

• Hi, Would recommend to follow the KBA: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/126906

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I think you have just perfectly demonstrated one of the problems with sophos documentation - the lack of making important information available and obvious to the installer. I have been using UTM for some years and now switching over to XG and I have *never* seen that kb.  

Why isn't it linked in the email with the license key? Neither is it at Sophos.com/get-started-xg , nor does it appear when you search "Knowledge Base" which ends up with community chatter, not direct access to the kb! (You have to apply filters to get to the kb). And then when you filter for kb, this article does not appear under any search term that would use the terms "install" or "iso" - you would have to use the specific term "re-image" to find it! AND WITH THE HYPHEN!

If this is an important kb for installation, present it up front! And make it discoverable in the search.

• Its kinda tricky in that case.

Most likely because i assume the major part of the Business case is using Sophos hardware and not a software solution, hosted on own hardware.

Sophos Hardware came preinstalled.

Installing on a hypervisor is explained within the installer (Use Hyper-V, if you want to use on Hyper-V etc.).

Only the home community and a small potion of business cases are actually installing this product on own Hardware.

So for your example, this is a lack of documentation, but the majority of business customers are not using this KBA at all. Hope you understand my point.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Maybe, but we make good beta testers! ;) It is a shame that there is good documentation, but buried in kbs that perhaps require better search tags to be found! Anyway, for posterity, people that search "install iso xg firewall" might find our discussion, and find your link, which will help them enormously!

Reply Children
No Data