[Feedback] Performance 1Gbit Cable Ger.

Hello to all,

I just did a little performance test and have to say this firmware rocks in terms of network speed.

How does my network look?

PC--->XG--->SW--->Router--->ISP--->Internet

The other part I am sadly double NATed... The main Router is a Firtzbox Cable Modem from the ISP (Ill change that in future with a modem from TC4400-EU with Docsis3.1/3.0 support)

In-between my Router and the XG is my DNS Server (Pi-Hole) and all works well. If the Pi-Hole misses something the XG will get it and vice versa.

But back to topic the performance compared to the current 17MR9 is huge! (3x more performance than usual)

The other part is Bufferbloat got very good.

Protections active are: AV - WEB - APP - IPS - NAT with HTTP/s Decryption

The Web Protections has the Default Rules (modified for my needs)

APP Rules are High Risk (Level 4 - 5) 

IPS Rules lantowan general

Scan HTTP and Decrypt HTTPS Traffic plus Scan FTP Traffic

Thats all for now. 

Best regards

Eli.

Parents Reply
  • Hello to all,

a small update from the current situation with the Firewall:

- ATP is active and running

- Synchronized Security is Connected to Sophos Central (Firewall Control)

- But Synchronized Heartbeat and Application Recognition is OFF  

Reason for them to be OFF is that on my Private PC I do not have Intercept X Adv. (Would love to...) But only have Sophos Home Prem. running. (ATM) -> Have to talk to my Sophos Rep. if there is a way for a Private Person to gain a single Lic. for Testing purposes! -> I would go above and beyond to have a testlab were I can Test Configurations by myself without killing our production setup at work. We are a small company and there is no possibility for me to test out such things in peace and in my own pace...

That is why I test this at Home were I can break stuff and try to fix it - Have time - Document my findings with the Sophos Community and learn from each-other. (Could never affort a decent XG appliance and that's why I needed to go 3rd party on that) - I love to experiment but an IT Guy is only as good as the equipment I can get... -.- <- (Feedback to Sophos) I use this opportunity to request a License Scheme were Testers (Partners) can apply for in Home use of Corp. Sophos Products! (I know there is the NFR stuff but allot of Company's use that for Production environment use) and it would benefit both Sophos and the IT-Guy that would be capable to setup Sophos Products more efficiently. (I know there is a Training-Portal) But it is designed in an enclosed environment and gets killed after 90 Days (Cloud Lab) - Its about Testing, Finding, Sharing and getting better quality wise for all parties. 

Best regards

Eli.

P.s. Thanks for reading and I know it is a little off-topic but since I had the chance for mods to be here... Use it... ^^

Children
No Data