[NC-51856] High Availability: Auxiliary device crashes and reboots repeatedly during startup before either syncing successfully or corrupting itself

High Avilability pair running v18 EAP 2. (This same issue was also occurring with EAP 1)

This is a home lab setup running with home licese. Each firewall is running under VMWARE ESXI, on a separate physical ESXI host. These were installed with the ISO image (not the VMWARE appliance .OVF install). 

The original pair were both upgrade from v17 to EAP 1 and then to EAP 2. The issue described was occurring with EAP 1.

When the auxiliary firewall boots up and tries to sync it's configuration with the primary firewall, it will repeatedly crash and reboot. Usually this happens at least four times over a period of at least 5-10 minutes. Eventually the firewall will successfully sync it's configuration and come online as the auxiliary device. Occasionally, it will instead become corrupted and go into failsafe mode (I assume this is due to it crashing and rebooting at the wrong time. When this happens I have to restore it from backup).

Troubleshooting steps taken so far:

-Disabled HA and set it back up with "Use host or hypervisor-assigned MAC

address" flag turned on. No change.

-Completely deleted the auxiliary device and reloaded it from scratch using ISO file of EAP 2 installation source, then rejoined it to HA group. Same behavior occurs.

This problem did not occur with version 17. Therefore, I am assuming this is a bug. Please advise.

Parents Reply Children