Wireless APs showing Inactive after upgrade to SFOS v18 (including EAP2) - possible DHCP issue?

I've twice attempted to upgrade from SFOS 17.5.9 MR-9 to SFOS 18 EAP1 + EAP2. Upon restart my APs (AP15 and AP10) fail to come online. Strangely, my laptop continues to be connected to the Wireless LAN (and can route to the internet), however other devices (such as phones, printer etc) are unable to obtain an IP address via DHCP (perhaps also the APs).

I also have a Fingbox directly connected to a LAN Bridge port - this also is unable to obtain a DHCP address.

I'm running SFOS on a fanless 4 port mini PC (home user) https://www.pondesk.com/product/Intel-E3845-4-LAN-1-COM-AESNI-4G-Fanless-Firewall-Router_MNHO-073

I have a LAN bridge configured such that 3 ports are for the LAN and 1 port for the WAN.

Anyone else experiencing issues with DHCP / APs after the upgrade?

Parents
  • As I'm sure we must all be aware, the AP10s were EOL from November 2017 and the AP30/50s were EOL from June 2018.

Please can we refrain from including EOL products as part of diagnostics for the v18 EAP.

I do appreciate that you plug them in and they will connect/be manageable (I myself have a mix of AP30s, AP50s and AP55s) but this is because Sophos has decided not to remove the manageability, they are just no longer supported by any scope.

(I am replying to the OP but this is not directed at the OP as they are using a supported AP15)

On another note, there was an issue in v17.5 that caused DHCP to just break in some networks, see if changing the method to old helps? You do it from the option 4 console:

console> system dhcp conf-generation-method old

Emile

• As I'm sure we must all be aware, the AP10s were EOL from November 2017 and the AP30/50s were EOL from June 2018.

Please can we refrain from including EOL products as part of diagnostics for the v18 EAP.

I do appreciate that you plug them in and they will connect/be manageable (I myself have a mix of AP30s, AP50s and AP55s) but this is because Sophos has decided not to remove the manageability, they are just no longer supported by any scope.

(I am replying to the OP but this is not directed at the OP as they are using a supported AP15)

On another note, there was an issue in v17.5 that caused DHCP to just break in some networks, see if changing the method to old helps? You do it from the option 4 console:

console> system dhcp conf-generation-method old

Emile

Children
No Data