Discussion - IPv6 support and actual use in EAP2

Hi folks,

I just finished listening to the information session and not one question about IPv6 support appeared to be asked let alone feature anywhere in the presentation.

So, where is IPv6 support going in V18?

Ian

Edit - Changed the heading.

• Hi folks,

I am using EAP2 with IP4 and IPv6 enabled on all ports. The EAP XG is accessing the internet via a specific port on the XG running v17.5.9. The daily reports show traffic being passed by both protocols. IPv6 appears the preferred protocol for both Apple and MS devices (very limited sample size).

1/. port - WAN DHCP

2/. port for WIFI - AP55c, iPad 13.2.3 and MBP 10.15.1

3/. port of LAN - W10

4/. DHCP setup using static addressing is a pain because you cannot copy the DUID without a lot of effort on sometihing that should be easy. The fields are not resizable.

DHCP assigned addresses working with clientless users.

Major failing having to create seperate ID in IP4 and IPv6 - nothing new

I am using the DPI only in both protocols.

I have tried to keep the firewall rules the same in both protocols and failed.

1/. you currently cannot create a FQDN host for IPv6 but for some strange reason the LAN network addresses show up as selectable.

2/. as a result of 1/. you cannot add hosts to FQDN Host groups. Thankfully both ISPs only seem to run their mail servers on IP4 networks.

3/. there does not appear to be any IPv6 NTP servers accessed by my devices.

I will have to look at the exception setup in the v17 XG so I can try tightening the various firewalll rules in EAP.

Next trick is to move my iPhone over to the EAP environment.

Ian

Update:- interesting results when running test IPv6 speed test - IP4 18mb/s - IPv6  58mb/s not bad on a 50mb/s link.

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.