Issue with TLS/SSL scanning

Hi folks,

another fun day testing and breaking MBP and XG EAP.

At this stage using TLS/SSL I see large numbers of unclassified applications. The applications are identified in the reports but not classified.

Thoughts on what is wrong with my firewall rule?

Ian

The GUI keeps changing the information displayed, one minute there is large application number, next minute it has gone and another graph is presented then wait a minute to two and both graphs appear, this is on a MBP using FF because I am having little issues with the security in Safari. Certificate details and I know what to do about it.

Parents Reply Children
  • rfcat_vk said:
    I assume by the lack of answers that TLS/SSL is not capable of providing classification?

SSL/TLS Inspection is capable of providing Web and App classification, the issue why we're not seeing it, has because it hasn't been implemented on EAP 1. It's also the reason why we are seeing mostly FTP or 0:443 on the Log Viewer. And is also the reason why we can't see the total traffic passed on the rules. And the same thing on the picture you provided.

As the Devs said here on the forum, and on the past Webcast, we will be able to see it on EAP 2.

Here's a  good post that made about SSL/TLS Inspection errors and classification on EAP 1. LINK.

Thanks,

If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Ryzen 5600U + I226-V (KVM) v21 EAP @ Home

Sophos ZTNA (KVM) @ Home

• Hi,

I know about the errors, that was answered in another thread I started, I am also aware of the lack of throughput count against TAL/SSL rules.

I listened to the webcast and do not remember hearing anything about classification being added to EAP2.

But, this week could bring a surprise.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.