Feature Request - Mac OpenVPN Client

Seeing as Sophos is big on Open Source, after all the XG is mostly based on open source software, could you maybe team up with Tunnelblick and include it with the package? Would be nice for our Mac users to be able to download the client right from the User Portal like their Windows counterparts. If you can't include it could you possibly just put a link to Tunnelblick's site on the user portal? Or how about a revolutionary idea, port your existing client to the Mac so there is a consistent interface? 

Parents
  • Guess I won't hold my breath on this one either, requested over 5 years ago, set to under review 2.5 years ago, still nothing. Starting to see a pattern here.

• This was released under Sophos Connect with v17.5 sometime ago, it is available to download through the management interface. Check under Configure > VPN > Sophos Connect Client

(you will need to configure it before you can download it)

• Request was for Openvpn client, not Sophos Connect. Request also states having the client available in the User Portal like it is for Windows not buried deep in some management interface menu where nobody would think to look for it. So no, this was not implemented yet.

• The request was actually generic for a macOS VPN client, it mentions OpenVPN (which can use the SSL VPN Configuration File), it mentions TunnelBlick and it mentions porting the Sophos client to macOS. It appears Sophos chose the original requests third option and implemented their own client.

It also only states it would be nice to download from the user portal as an aside and I agree it would be nice to have the user able to download the client from the user portal with the default as-built configuration.

You comments are implying there is NO macOS VPN client which is clearly untrue.

Yes the current implementation of the Sophos Connect Client requires administrative configuration, there are benefits in that it allows the IT team to modify the client configuration and deploy it through a software distribution tool of choice (be it as simple as scripts, intranet portal or a software deployment tool of choice) and I am sure Sophos will get around to the User Portal nice to have.

But again, there is a macOS VPN client.

• The request was actually generic for a macOS VPN client, it mentions OpenVPN (which can use the SSL VPN Configuration File), it mentions TunnelBlick and it mentions porting the Sophos client to macOS. It appears Sophos chose the original requests third option and implemented their own client.

It also only states it would be nice to download from the user portal as an aside and I agree it would be nice to have the user able to download the client from the user portal with the default as-built configuration.

You comments are implying there is NO macOS VPN client which is clearly untrue.

Yes the current implementation of the Sophos Connect Client requires administrative configuration, there are benefits in that it allows the IT team to modify the client configuration and deploy it through a software distribution tool of choice (be it as simple as scripts, intranet portal or a software deployment tool of choice) and I am sure Sophos will get around to the User Portal nice to have.

But again, there is a macOS VPN client.

Children
No Data