Improvement request - Still updating a firewall requires so much time

Almost 20 seconds elapsed from the instant when you click apply to the instant you get back to Firewall rule page?

Guys, I hope that you track this as a bug and improve the performance.

Thanks

Parents Reply Children
  • I find the speed of the XG UI excruciating. On a working system, already configured, for just a simple inspection or just a couple of edits to the rules it is slow but now worth worrying about. But trying to configure a new system, esp. when you need to experiment a little (I have spend the last 3 days setting up v18 EAP3) then you will spend HOURS just trying to do something that on other firewalls takes only a few minutes. After HOURS you get fatigue and start forgetting what you just did 5 clicks before which makes the whole process open to errors and frustration.

I think the problem might have to do with the not "updating the firewall backend" but the recalculating the main page counters and performance indicators. That needs to be rethought - when I am working on setting up the firewall, and testing FUNCTION, I don't care at that point about the PERFORMANCE indicators. That main page "control centre" is brilliant, but those counters should be constantly updated with every UI refresh on other pages.   

• typo, for clarification: That main page "control centre" is brilliant, but those counters should NOT be constantly updated with every UI refresh on other pages.   

• I agree with  

UI and logs should be the highest priority faetures to rewrite as now the UI is very slow compared to the market. Updating a firewall rule on UTM9 requires a second.