Where have the URL groups gone?

Hi,

I was trying to test a firewall rule setup for an XG user, where the setup advised that the URL already existed. So I look for the URL groups and only find the ones I created prior to V18 EAP and the TLS groups. Where are all the other URL groups hidden?

Ian

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi  Michael,

maybe I am having a senior's moment, but I definitely recall there were lists of websites under various URL groupings like P2P, Sexually explicit, VPNs etc that you could copy and modify the contents of to make your own version. While I can build a verb policy using categories I have no way of identifying what sets are in that category.  Yes, I known the list is too big and is now maintained in a central site.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• You may be thinking of User Activities

There are about 85 distinct categories in XG.  It is unwieldy to manage all of those in policies so categories get combined up to form "User Activities".  File types can also be included in user activities.  There are 20 pre defined user activities.

Or potentially you are thinking of application policy.  There is a massive list of applications, most of which are identified by snort and some by the web proxy.  You can configure specific applications to be blocked or use filters to say things like "all P2P" and then as more P2P applications get added to the signature database they are automatically handled by the policy.

Neither of these have fundamentally changed since...  v16 I think.

• Thank you. s I said a senior's moment, looking in the wrong place.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.