State full IPv6 stopped working

I have had a dual stack network working for the past couple of years on my XG.  I installed v18EAP1 Saturday evening.  I just noticed that I can no longer connect to the XG using its IPv6 address.  In addition, I can no longer connect to the internet via IPv6.

Both the IPv4 and IPv6 interfaces are up and show the correct info (gateway and IP addresses).  The XG serves the correct IPv6 addresses to my network.  When I restart my computer, it is served IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

On the WAN interface, I switched IPv6 off.  Then changed the settings.  Then changed it back to the correct settings that worked previously.  It gets the correct Gateway IP but I have no IPv6 access.

I can no longer ping IPv6 on my network.  I can ping IPv4.

Has something with IPv6 changed between v17 and v18?

Thanks

Parents
  • Ok, IPv6 is working again.  It appears that the internet connection went down yesterday.  IPv4 came back up, but IPv6 did not.  I discovered that when I arrived home and started using my Mac.  I then began troubleshooting the issue on my Win10 laptop.  I seems that the Win10 laptop was not the device to troubleshoot with.  Although IPv6 became connected again, the laptop did not connect via IPv6.  My iPhone and other devices did, but I did not notice that until later.

So it seems that IPv6 is working similarly to v17.

Thanks for your thoughts Ian.  I've created my own NAT rules and removed the linked NAT rules. I was able to reduce the number of rules, but I didn't have many to begin with.

• Ok, IPv6 is working again.  It appears that the internet connection went down yesterday.  IPv4 came back up, but IPv6 did not.  I discovered that when I arrived home and started using my Mac.  I then began troubleshooting the issue on my Win10 laptop.  I seems that the Win10 laptop was not the device to troubleshoot with.  Although IPv6 became connected again, the laptop did not connect via IPv6.  My iPhone and other devices did, but I did not notice that until later.

So it seems that IPv6 is working similarly to v17.

Thanks for your thoughts Ian.  I've created my own NAT rules and removed the linked NAT rules. I was able to reduce the number of rules, but I didn't have many to begin with.

Children