IPP / AirPrint broken

Hi Sophos Team,

I think I discovered a bug/issue:

I'm not able to print anymore after the update of the software appliance to v18 EAP1.

My devices in VLAN 1 cannot access my printer in VLAN 2 anymore over port 631tcp (IPP or Apple AirPrint).

I've already disabled the IPS in the FW rule, but the problem still persists. I cannot see any blocks or errors in the XG logs.

The Apple macOS / iOS devices throw the following message: "Unable to get printer status"

I removed the printer from macOS and now it even cannot be added anymore as it says, that the printer is not reachable.

(The printer is working fine when I access it through the same VLAN, so it must have something to do with the firewall.)

Thanks and Best Regards

Dom

Parents
  • I am not an expert on this matter, but is AirPrint not a Broadcast protocol? So to speak, it only works in the same broadcast domain (Network)? 

You are saying, it works fine in V17.5? Did you change some firewall rules or did stop working after updating? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I am not an expert on this matter, but is AirPrint not a Broadcast protocol? So to speak, it only works in the same broadcast domain (Network)? 

You are saying, it works fine in V17.5? Did you change some firewall rules or did stop working after updating? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Children