This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Choosing between AP55 and AP55C (or AP100?)

Hi,

I want to buy some new APs to cover our production building with WLAN. Clients will be some Handheld Devices and some Laptops. According to the spec papers AP55 or AP55C would be a good choice but I am not sure which one would be better. So I ask for some information.

Are there any differences between the models apart from the design?
Are the external antennas of the AP55 better then the internal ones of the A55C?
Am I right that the AP55 theoretically could be mounted on the ceilling as well (with magnets or screws and the antennas pointing downwards)?

Are there any pros or cons for one or the other model?

And additionnally: Is there anything that speaks for the AP100 apart from 3x3 MIMO that our handheld devices can not use?

Thanks,
Stephan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Stephan,

The difference between the AP55 and the "Ceiling" models is the angel in wich the wireless Signal will spread.

the ceiling model is designed to be ceiling mounted what means the signal will open in an 180° angel downwards (from the device in the direction of the sophos logo)

the other models are designed to be used with external antennas wich will have their own charakteristics they come with stick antennas (360° horizontal).

The decision depends on where you want to mount the devices.

Yours Lukas

lna@cema

SCA (utm+xg), SCSE, SCT

Sophos Platinum Partner

• Hi Stephan,

The difference between the AP55 and the "Ceiling" models is the angel in wich the wireless Signal will spread.

the ceiling model is designed to be ceiling mounted what means the signal will open in an 180° angel downwards (from the device in the direction of the sophos logo)

the other models are designed to be used with external antennas wich will have their own charakteristics they come with stick antennas (360° horizontal).

The decision depends on where you want to mount the devices.

Yours Lukas

lna@cema

SCA (utm+xg), SCSE, SCT

Sophos Platinum Partner

Children
No Data