This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sg115w not able to provide a bridged network on internal WiFi adapter

We have several sg115w that will not provide a proper bridged network on the internal WiFi:

The SSID is visible but we can't connect.

As soon as we add an additional AP10 or AP15 it works like a charm on those external AP but still not on the internal WiFi Adapter.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Sorry, I wasn't trying to be facetious.  I was referring to the context help that you can access when you're on the 'Wireless Networks' tab (my highlight):

For Local WiFi Device: To create a Bridge to AP LAN you need to edit the Local WiFi Device on the Wireless Protection > Access Points > Overview tab and enable bridged to AP LAN. In addition, you need to create a new interface on the Interfaces & Routing > Interfaces > Interfaces tab and select the bridge. You also need to have a DHCP server on the Network Services > DHCP > Servers tab so that the client can receive an IP.

122080 covers the same thing, but in a clearer manner.  I agree that the help on this is only meaningful to someone that already knows the answer.

The net of it is that, for example, to have the local WiFi device broadcast an SSID that is bridged with "Internal (Network)," you must change the Internal interface from 'Type: Ethernet' to 'Type: Ethernet Bridge' and select the wlan# virtual NIC to be a part of the bridge.  This extra step is neither necessary nor possible with standalone APs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data