This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

115w - do these actually work?

Set up our first 115w today and ran into problems when we got to enabling wireless.  A guest network set up in a separate zone worked fine, but trying to set up another network that will share the main LAN appears to be impossible.  Choosing "bridge with AP LAN" results in being unable to check the box to assign the network to the access point.

Called support and their less-than-impressive response was "umm I don't think it should do that but I don't really know and let me escalate this and someone will reach out in a few hours" but of course no one has.

Anyone know if there is a bug that prevents this from working the way it's supposed to on these new integrated boxes?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I didn't follow the KnowledgeBase article's explanation, Peter, so I don't know if it should work or not.  The workaround I described in Post #10 is guaranteed to work.  If it doesn't, you have another problem.

Cheers - Bob
    PS I wonder if this problem could be related to a bug that preventing some people here from joining an SSID bridged to a LAN...

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Together with the support I found a solution! I'll describe it here for those who have the same problem.

What I want to achieve:
    Connect all my wireless devices to my LAN so that they can communicate with all other devices in my LAN and with the internet. It concerns SG-W-Series, the integrated WLAN and Firmware 9.312-8.

Howto:
    [LIST=1]
    • Under "Wireless Protection" -> "Wireless Network" create a new wireless network. Change "Client traffic" to "Bridge to AP LAN" and save it.
    • Under "Interfaces & Routing" -> "Interfaces" open your "Internal" interface and change the "Type" from "Ethernet" to "Ethernet Bridge". In the "Bridge selected NICs" check your eth? you used for internal network until now and the wireless network previously created. Under "Advanced Bridge" check "Allow ARP broadcasts". Save your changes.
    • Now go to "Wireless Protection" -> "Access Points" -> "Overview". Click on "Edit" of "LocalWifi0" (the integrated WLAN). In the box "Wireless Networks" check your in step 1 created wireless network and save the configuration.
    • Under "Network Protection" -> "Firewall" create a new rule "Internal (Network)" -> "Any" -> "Internal (Network)" at the top of the list of the rules and activate it.
    • Finally you have to switch the "DHCP Relay" under "Network Services" -> "DHCP" - >"Relay" on. In "DHCP Server" you select your internal DHCP-Server and as "Interfaces" you select "Internal".
    [/LIST]
    Now everything should work as expected.

Kind regards,
    Peter
  • Together with the support I found a solution! I'll describe it here for those who have the same problem.

What I want to achieve:
    Connect all my wireless devices to my LAN so that they can communicate with all other devices in my LAN and with the internet. It concerns SG-W-Series, the integrated WLAN and Firmware 9.312-8.

Howto:
    [LIST=1]
    • Under "Wireless Protection" -> "Wireless Network" create a new wireless network. Change "Client traffic" to "Bridge to AP LAN" and save it.
    • Under "Interfaces & Routing" -> "Interfaces" open your "Internal" interface and change the "Type" from "Ethernet" to "Ethernet Bridge". In the "Bridge selected NICs" check your eth? you used for internal network until now and the wireless network previously created. Under "Advanced Bridge" check "Allow ARP broadcasts". Save your changes.
    • Now go to "Wireless Protection" -> "Access Points" -> "Overview". Click on "Edit" of "LocalWifi0" (the integrated WLAN). In the box "Wireless Networks" check your in step 1 created wireless network and save the configuration.
    • Under "Network Protection" -> "Firewall" create a new rule "Internal (Network)" -> "Any" -> "Internal (Network)" at the top of the list of the rules and activate it.
    • Finally you have to switch the "DHCP Relay" under "Network Services" -> "DHCP" - >"Relay" on. In "DHCP Server" you select your internal DHCP-Server and as "Interfaces" you select "Internal".
    [/LIST]
    Now everything should work as expected.

Kind regards,
    Peter
Children
No Data