This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wireless Protection Captive Portal

HI,

I would like to ask for your inputs on what i want to happen on our UTM box.

1. Can i subscribe Wireless Protection and use the Captive Portal capability for my wireless users when they access the internet, the AP's are not Sophos but third party. is there any way i can integrate such?

2. My remote branches are connected in via. and i am planning to implement another interface or network segment for Wireless guest. can i configure another segment/network on the red?

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi kitty_hawk,
    1.  3rd party APs can not be managed with the UTM.
    2. you can stream a guest network over your RED. Just add the RED interface as allowed interface in your wireless settings, run a DHCP and plug in an AP. If you use the AP5 you are limited to a bridge to LAN network only. With all other APs you do not have any limitations (except the limited bandwich of the RED itself).
    Greetings,
    Andreas
  • You can use 3rd party APs for the captive portal, but you will need to use VLANs if you want to provide an Internal and Hotspot WLAN on the same APs.
    You will have to define a new network inerface on the UTM and connect the APs to this one. Then you can enable the Hotspot feature on this interface...

----------
    Sophos user, admin and reseller.
    Private Setup:

• XG: HPE DL20 Gen9 (Core i3-7300, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD) | XG 18.0 (Home License) with: Web Protection, Site-to-Site-VPN (IPSec, RED-Tunnel), Remote Access (SSL, HTML5)
    • UTM: 2 vCPUs, 2GB RAM, 50GB vHDD, 2 vNICs on vServer (KVM) | UTM 9.7 (Home License) with: Email Protection, Webserver Protection, RED-Tunnel (server)
  • Also, when you put a Sophos Wireless AP behind a RED in Split mode, you must add 1.2.3.4 to the list of 'Split networks'.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi,

Thank you very "muchtreskaan","scorpionking","BAlfson". I appreciate your help. [:)]