This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web server protection with Exchange 2013 CU13 and having issue with Authentication pop windows

Hi Guys,

I have two Running Exchange 2013 CU13 Server and i am using Sophos Web server Protection for virtual web server for Exchange 2013. I have a problem with if i start to use More than One Real Web server I start to have a issue with External and mac clients.

The Password Pop UP windows Always Pop UP and even i enter the user name and password it does not accept it and the Pop window always comes up and this is always happening only with External clients and the Mac Outlook clients.

I have exact the Same Configuration on my Both Exchange 2013 Server.

Server A and Server B both Uses NTML for authorization.

When i use only one real Web-server then all works Fine and even i can make any server A or Server B as a client facing and all works fine for internal , external and mac clients.

So basically the Load balancing or High Avalabilty of Exchange server having issue for the mac and external Clients.

I am adding some configuration of my Webserver protection which might be helpful for someone to make suggestion to solve this issue.

Please let me know if you have some suggestion for me. I will be really Grateful of any Comment

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

to make sure that always the same real webserver is used when having multiple ones you have to enable 'Sticky session cookie'.

You can find it under Advanced in the corresponding site path route(s).

Best,
     Sabine

• Hello Evianne,

Thank you for your Answer. I have tried as you mentioned after enabling the Sticky Session cookies.

it worked well with Windows Client and outlook but there was still a problem with MAC Outlook. Mac outlook outside the domain still have the same issue. it was not connected.

then i also have made some small test and enable Cookies Login in Firewall Profile and then it was working.

but i am not sure if this is the right solution, so i want to share the problem or Solution here. There is no security risk if i enable the cookie signing. ?

Thank you

• Hi,

I have no idea why enabling Cookie Signing helps in your case but good for you.

Enabling Cookie Signing is not a security risk.

Best,
     Sabine

Reply Children
No Data