This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[HOWTO] Let's Encrypt

Hi all,

I have got a fully working Let's Encrypt setup for multiple domains of my Web Application Firewall on my Sophos UTM 9.4!

On github I have made a manual on how to set it up on your UTM as well. Currently it has a few manual steps to set it up, but I might script this in the future as well.

https://github.com/rklomp/sophos-utm-letsencrypt

Comments, questions and improvements are welcome! And please leave a message if you have got it working as well.

Have fun!

René
[Donate]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi René

Thx a lot for your work. In the past I used StartSSL SAN Certificates which I wanted/had to replace with let's encrypt certificates. 

However when I first found your Script they didn't work out for me as I use the UTM with a Home License in a very small Lab environment with several vhosts with different hostnames which all point to one single linux server in my internal network. This made the verifying thing kind of complicated (at least for me) and using DNS Challenge was not really an option because my Hurricane Electrics DNS Setup was not capable to add and delete the needed DNS Entries (at least for me :)).

So I went on and moved all my DNS entries to an other DNS provider which supports API and I used your script again with DNS-01 challenge and DNS hook scripts which worked flawlessly from scratch. 

Thx a lot for sharing your script!

Regards,

Doemer

• Hi René

Thx a lot for your work. In the past I used StartSSL SAN Certificates which I wanted/had to replace with let's encrypt certificates. 

However when I first found your Script they didn't work out for me as I use the UTM with a Home License in a very small Lab environment with several vhosts with different hostnames which all point to one single linux server in my internal network. This made the verifying thing kind of complicated (at least for me) and using DNS Challenge was not really an option because my Hurricane Electrics DNS Setup was not capable to add and delete the needed DNS Entries (at least for me :)).

So I went on and moved all my DNS entries to an other DNS provider which supports API and I used your script again with DNS-01 challenge and DNS hook scripts which worked flawlessly from scratch. 

Thx a lot for sharing your script!

Regards,

Doemer

Children