This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exchange 2010 OWA Notifiactions

Hi,

when using web application security to protect Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2010 SP1 users get the following error message when they click on the error icon in the top right corner:

'notifications couldn't be retrieved'

I've followed the instructions mentioned here:

https://support.astaro.com/support/index.php/Outlook_Web_Access_and_Microsoft_Server_ActiveSync

but apparently this doesn't work for every function within OWA. I can access and sent my mail fine, only notifications don't work. As soon as I disable Web Application Security and create a NAT rule for OWA everything works as expected again.

Franc.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Any solutions available for this. I have exactly the same problem. [:S]
  • It's in the known bug list of UTM9.

ID21170 9.000 Exchange 2010 OWA notifications don't work
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Description:  Exchange 2010 OWA notifications don't work

When using web application security to protect Outlook
                  Web Access for Exchange 2010 SP2 RU2 users get the
                  following error message when they click on the error icon
                  in the top right corner:

'notifications couldn't be retrieved'
    Workaround:
    Fixed in:
  • Hi, can anyone advise if this was fixed, we are hitting exactly the same issue but we are on Code 9.503-4?

Regards

• You  need to configure an exception for OWA notifications, see page 24 of the Exchange WAF Guide. The guide is for UTM 9.3 but it still applies to UTM 9.5.

• Ewadie Hi,

Yes thats exactly what i have set for the /owa/ev.owa* to skip anti virus and all other categories and never change HTML. Even tried skiping all but to no avail i still get the same error. Snap shot from the WAF Log;

2017:11:09-12:54:29 ####-01-1 httpd: id="0299" srcip="1.1.1.1" localip="1.2.3.166" size="324" user="myname" host="4.6.8.1" method="GET" statuscode="200" reason="-" extra="-" exceptions="SkipAntiVirus, SkipURLHardening, SkipThreatsFilter" time="60179264" url="/owa/ev.owa" server="mail.public.org.uk" port="443" query="?UA=0&oeh=1&ns=PendingRequest&ev=PendingNotificationRequest&canary=cJR2vyzoe0O1nqG9cC_auUK9W7fwLNUInuYH2k4o0ecrXBU8E3U03ysqTNa0zEUBAaY4gaovoKs.n=j9sh58gx" referer="mail.public.org.uk/.../" cookie="MstrPgLd1=1; MstrPgLd2=1; ROUTEID.44b938094b2193ed55ad99a84171a1db=.node1; OutlookSession=b73d9eb6654b40a68c7878f023a6283f; UserContext=cJR2vyzoe0O1nqG9cC_auUK9W7fwLNUInuYH2k4o0ecrXBU8E3U03ysqTNa0zEUBAaY4gaovoKs.; tzid=GMT Standard Time; owacsdc=1" set-cookie="fkslfljmzsn_cookie=451eb49903c867adfc0831f5d85fd00c1cfecb27;path=/;httponly;secure" uid="WgRPyQoIPwQAAHA-G3IAAAAk"

Confirmed it works via straight NAT, its the only thing that is failing with OWA very frustrating.

Regards

• Looks like you did everything right and I have no idea why this isn't working for you.

• Hi,

Was doing some further testing last night, i can get it working but only by completely disabling Anti Virus and All the common threat Filters, i tried every combination off and on between the two protection modules, we cannot leave it like that as we are then completely wide open to attached other than URL hardening.

I had noticed another URL that we were only Skipping URL Hardening that wasn't Skipping Antivirus and tried adding that to the OWA notifications Skip AV scanning

exceptions="SkipURLHardening" time="85942" url="/owa/14.3.352.0/

Skip AV with - /owa/14.3.352.0/*

You can then see it skipping the AV but still didn't work. I have a Case open with Sophos support just waiting for them to come back to me, will update this case when i have a conclusion.

Regards

• Hi,

Was doing some further testing last night, i can get it working but only by completely disabling Anti Virus and All the common threat Filters, i tried every combination off and on between the two protection modules, we cannot leave it like that as we are then completely wide open to attached other than URL hardening.

I had noticed another URL that we were only Skipping URL Hardening that wasn't Skipping Antivirus and tried adding that to the OWA notifications Skip AV scanning

exceptions="SkipURLHardening" time="85942" url="/owa/14.3.352.0/

Skip AV with - /owa/14.3.352.0/*

You can then see it skipping the AV but still didn't work. I have a Case open with Sophos support just waiting for them to come back to me, will update this case when i have a conclusion.

Regards

Children
No Data