This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Invincea Purchase, is it Possible to use Machine Learning on a UTM? Request for a future feature?

I am very excited to hear that Sophos purchased Invincea, as it complements Sophos use of Sandstorm and Intercept X. The positive for all Sophos UTM users is that Sophos should be able to more readily detect new, zero-day malware threats on the endpoint, allowing heuristics and signatures on the Sophos UTM to be updated quickly as samples are submitted to Sophos. Much the same way Sophos uses Sandstorm and Intercept X samples from users to improve traditional signature detection.

My question is, is it possible for Sophos to add the Invincea machine learning to the Sophos UTM? They already announced they plan to integrate it with Heartbeat for the XG boxes, which would seem to be a given.

My question is, is it possible for Sophos to integrate these machine learning capabilities to the Sophos UTM?

When I submit samples to Virustotal, I sometimes see detection results like, "crowdstrike: 99% chance malicious." To me, this would be an awesome asset for the Sophos UTM and would set it apart from its competitors. If the UTM could quarantine all malware detected above a certain probability threshold, i.e., 95% and have the UTM upload the file to Sophos for further inspection, to me, it seems like a win-win for everyone.

I mention all this now, as Sophos just announced the purchase Invincea and to me, it seems like a fantastic time to make a feature request.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data