This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web filtering is overriding my HOSTS file entries

I have UTM9 and web filtering is turned on and operating in "Transparent mode". I work in IT and I'm asked to test stuff from home using my HOSTS file. This is something I've done for years. Since I've rebuilt my UTM9 firewall, it now overrides my hosts file when I do my testing. If I disable/turn off Web Filtering on the Global tab, it allows my browser request to go to the IP I've setup in the hosts file.

I'm ok with this setting globally for my network but I need my one workstation to be allowed to use it's hosts file. Where do I change this setting?

thanks,

EddieRock

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • as you suspect, the webfilter takes your packet, check url and send the request to the url you wish, not to the IP you use for this host/domain.

you have to put your workstation (or the destination IP) to the transparent mode skip list.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• This fixed it. Seems hard to find this . Thanks Dirkkotte!! EddieRock