This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can you block a particular website for a single user?

I would like to know if a specific website can be blocked for a single user? Thanks,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Yes, but there are several different approaches.  How many total users do you have?  Do you have Active Directory?  Is the user browsing from a Windows, iOS or other device?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • We have about 5000 users, and are running AD on Server 2012 R2. The OS is windows 7 Professional.

Thanks!

• Are you running Web Filtering in Transparent or Standard mode?  Are you using AD-SSO authentication?  Is this user requesting to be blocked, or is someone else requiring the website block?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • hello gentle men\women, the question pertaining to the initial question was not really addressed. Is it possible to block a particular USER from a certain/specific site?? I am currently have a problem with band-breath abuse..I also am using UTM 9..

• Hello Kgosi and welcome to the UTM Community!

There are several things that can be done, but we need more specifics about the problem.  What is the website?  What is the person doing to use too much bandwidth - streaming, downloading, uploading, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and/or ???  Is Web Filtering in Standard or Transparent mode?  Are you using AD-SSO?  Which version of 9 - 9.506?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA