This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Block access to uncategorized websites

Block access to uncategorized websites is Enabled as I believe it is Safer.

Currently for Known Websites, I enter my credentials to by pass which is fine.

But I would like to know how does this work?

For example I try to access www.a-new-web.com and it is blocked by Uncategorized.

So Automatically the Content Provider / Decision Maker at Astaro (or who do you guys get the database from) would Process that website and in future it would be Categorized?

How long does it take from uncategorized to be categorized?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I think there are two kinds of "uncategorized" - URLs that have not been categorized ('Block access to uncategorized websites') and those that have been categorized by TrustedSource as "uncategorized" ('Suspicious_and_Uncategorized').

I have submitted corrections to categorization, and those take up to a day or two to be changed.  I also have submitted suggested categories for sites not yet categorized, and there usually is a change in a few hours or less.

The URL you have requested is blocked by Surf Protection. If you think this is wrong, please contact your administrator. 

If the reason given was "Uncategorized not allowed" or the URL was incorrectly categorized, you may submit the site or URL with a suggested category at Trusted Source.  Please select "McAfee SmartFilter XL."

Further, I was able to customize the cache administrator with a click-to-email-name instead of just an email address:

Bob

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks for sharing, now then I know that "database" is from Trusted Source.

Your idea of Categorized as UNCategorized "enlightenment" me as in I did discuss about the confusion when it is available under the Main Tab and also under the Custom Categories.

I also noticed some websites may be blocked by the Uncategorized under the Custome but not blocked by the main. ( I Know it is confusing, even when I am typing I am also finding it condusing)

One thing I noticed is during the 7.504 with same settings, I do not get so many Uncategorized website but with this version 8.0, past few days I am getting hit here and there to the point I disabled it as very tedious to keep entering my credentials and seeing it is not HTTPS irritates me even more.

I hope they have some kind of "automation" that hey there is a website that I do not know, got users asking, let me process it etc.

Individual link submitting....tedious.

So it is DISABLE for now until I figure out what is wrong that I am getting so many website hit.