This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Allowing media player and real streams w/ proxy

I wish to allow Windows Media Player and Real player streaming content, but my Astaro box has other intentions.  My config: Astaro 5.0.15 with HTTP proxy in standard mode, surf protection and virus protection enabled.  I haven't been able to connect to any streaming sites.  The players are Windows Media Player 9 and Real Player 10.5.  I've tried different player proxy configs (use browser settings, and manually configured)  without success.  I'd prefer not to open the streaming ports for PNA, RTSP, and MMS.  Anyone able to stream, and how did you configure your settings?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi!

Whats your setting for "Block CONNECT method on HTTP port"? Tried to disable this?
  • Block Connect method is disabled.  Caching is disabled due to content filter.  I've created services with the appropriate ports and added them to the Allowed Target Services list.  Any other suggestions?
  • I know you don't want to run it this way, but have you confirmed that it does work if you apply a packet filter rule and bypass the Proxy?

EDIT: Well I just did a little search on "stream", and I found a poster with a similar problem. Someone mentioned that surf protection "on" is the issue. He recommended putting the streaming URL's that you want to connect to into the  surf protection whitelist.
    Here's the thread I am reffering too:  Blocking media streams