This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Virtual Extensible LAN: Explicitly allowed in Web Applications but the firewall is blocking

There seems to be a new networking technology in town and it's confusing me.

It's called Virtual Extensible LAN.  My windows machines appear to be using it extensively.

Looking through the Sophos UTM, it's defined under Web Applications.  I was curious so I created a rule to explicitly allow this traffic to see what behavior my machines would display.

I find, however, that the Firewall in the UTM blocks it and there's no apparent way to allow it via the user interface. 

Here's a log: it shows the firewall blocking almost all of the packets and rule 3 (allowing Google Voice) allowing an occasional packet.

Any thoughts on what, if anything, to do?

I really need to to manage my environment - it seems there's no way to adjust these Extensible Virual Lans - an enormous problem.

Thanks,

Doug

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Without seeing a line from the full Firewall log file (not the Live Log), it's difficult to know for sure, Doug.  My guess is that you need a firewall rule like:

{10.2.1.4} -> HTTPS -> Internet IPv4 : Allow

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Without seeing a line from the full Firewall log file (not the Live Log), it's difficult to know for sure, Doug.  My guess is that you need a firewall rule like:

{10.2.1.4} -> HTTPS -> Internet IPv4 : Allow

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data